Thursday, May 10, 2012

Time Stand Still

The theme of this piece is Time Stand Still, my favourite song by the Canadian band Rush. I still vividly remember the first time I heard this song. I was at University living off campus in a townhouse. It was early in the morning so I was still in bed. We were in the middle of an ice storm and this song came on the radio (battery powered due to power being out). I listened to the words about time standing still and not looking back but wanting to look around me now. The singing sounded familiar, like the group my brother listened to.....aghhhhhh...I can't like a song by the same group my brother likes......I poddled into my roommate Sherri's room and asked to see her copy of the Rush Chronicles 2 disc CD compilation. There is was....Time Stand Still. I started listening to the CDs and found I liked most of the songs.

A few months later when I was back at home, my brother and I were driving somewhere and Rush was playing on the Radio, I started to sing a long and my brother did a double take....."what the bleep" he exclaimed, how do you know the words. I told him the Ice Storm story. That is when I learned that he secretly had been listening to my favourite Group Depeche Mode.

I am posting this just in time before the cut off for the Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2 Challenge #4. Faded Layers found on page 43 of Tim's New Book. (Linda, you rock for leaving comments on all of my entries so far! I understand if I dont get a comment since I am so late this week....a lot of practice went into the background)

I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show your favourite Stamp challenge. Right now that stamp has to be the Hero Arts Watch Gears Stamp

I love how Sarah used metal fencing on her piece, so I used some rusted chicken wire. (On my way to hardware store to find some small square fencing I can rust up to use in future projects)

Lastly, this is going into the Frilly and Funkie Alter It Challenge. I altered the wood frame using Crafty Notions Rusting Powder. I sealed it with Matte Medium. I am probably going to add more metal embellishments to the frame later.





The Before Frame!

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments!
Heidi

9 Comments:

Pam said...

absolutely love this piece. The chicken wire is perfect and adds so much texture. beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Heidi, love the background and the chicken wire looks brilliant ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Hettie said...

This is super Heidi and love the chicken wire. My chicken wire is too big to use for this so I need to find some small guage. Loving the layers.

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous! Isn't Sarah a great muse? Love what you've made here and the way you hung the letter charms. Thanks for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Georgie Horn said...

lovely! Stopping by from Frilly and Funkie!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/05/were-not-in-kansas-anymore.html

Terry said...

Love this altered frame! I have that Hero Arts stamp and love how you used it for the background! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors you have used and the background you made is beautifull wow, great job thank you for sharing, hugs terry xxxx

Tammy Roberts said...

Gorgeous frame... love every inch of it! Thank you for sharing it with us in the Frilly & Funkie.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Heidi, YOU rock for sharing such gorgeous work every week! This is no exception-- what a beautiful work of art. I love how you used the Muse Tokens and chicken wire, and truly, you made those faded layers SING!

Speaking of which, Rush is my all-time favorite band, and "Time Stand Still" is SUCH a great song. It's running through my head now, so I have TWO reasons to thank you!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!